PhD, Accounting, Washington University in St. Louis, 2014
MAcc, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2009
BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2009
Prior Professional Positions
Florida State University, Assistant Professor, Accounting, 2014 to 2016
- Voluntary Disclosure
- Capital Markets
- Textual Analysis
- Proprietary Costs and Sealing Documents in Patent Litigation. Review of Accounting Studies, 23(2), 452-486.
- The Effect of Industry Co-location on Analysts' Information Acquisition Costs. The Accounting Review, 92(6), 103-127.
- 2016. Using Unstructured and Qualitative Disclosures to Explain Accruals. Journal Of Accounting And Economics, 62(2-3).
- 2016. Can Investors Detect Managers' Lack of Spontaneity? Adherence to Pre-determined Scripts during Earnings Conference Calls. The Accounting Review , 91(1):229-250.
- 2014. Issues Raised by Studying DeFond and Zhang: What Should Audit Researchers Do?. Journal Of Accounting And Economics, 58(2-3):327-338.