PhD, Economics, University of Virginia, 2002
MA, Economics, University of Virginia, 1999
BA, Economics and Mathematics, Washington and Lee University, 1995
A Comprehensive Data Set of Published US Patent Litigation Decisions: 1929-2006, National Science Foundation (0751661), 2008
- Time Series Forecasting
- Industrial Organization
- Implementation and Mechanism Design
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- 2004. Local to Unity, Long-horizon Forecasting Thresholds for Model Selection in the AR(1). Journal Of Forecasting, (23):513-39.
- 2005. How (Not) to Raise Money. Journal Of Political Economy, (113):897-918.
- 2006. The Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit's Impact on Patent Litigation. Journal Of Legal Studies, (35):85-118.
- 2006. James Watt as Intellectual Monopolist: Comment on Boldrin and levine. International Economic Review, (47):1341-48.
- 2007. Efficient Dissolution of Partnerships and the Structure of Control. Games And Economic Behavior, (60):187-99.
- 2008. Trade Liberalization, Outsourcing and the Hold-Up Problem. Journal Of International Economics, (74):225-41.
- forthcoming. The Economics of a Centralized Judiciary: Uniformity, Forum Shopping and the Federal Circuit. Journal Of Law And Economics:TBD.