PhD, Finance, Indiana University - Kelley School of Business, 2005
MS, Finance, Indiana University - Kelley School of Business, 2003
Prior Professional Positions
Virginia Tech, Associate Professor, 2016 to 2016
Virginia Tech, Assistant Professor, 2011 to 2016
Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Financial Economist, 2005 to 2011
- International Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- 2018. The labor market for directors and externalities in corporate governance: evidence from the international labor market. Journal of Accounting and Economics.
- 2016. Say on pay laws, executive compensation, pay slice, and firm valuation around the world. Journal of Financial Economics.
- 2015. Does takeover activity cause managerial discipline? Evidence from international M&A laws. Review of Financial Studies, (28):1588-1622.
- 2014. Distracted directors: Does board busyness hurt shareholder value?. Journal of Financial Economics, (113):404-426.
- 2011. Friends or foes? Target selection decisions of sovereign wealth funds and their consequences. Journal of Financial Economics, (101):360-381.
- 2010. Escape from New York: the market impact of SEC rule 12h-6, 2010. Journal of Financial Economics, (95):129-147.
- 2008. International cross-listing, firm performance and top management turnover: a test of the bonding hypothesis. Journal of Finance, (63):1897-1937.
- 2012. The use of foreign currency derivatives, corporate governance, and firm value around the world. Journal of International Economics, (87):65-79.
- 2012. Currency hedging and corporate governance: a cross-country analysis. Journal of Corporate Finance, (18):221-237.
- 2004. Political risk and business relocations: evidence from Quebec and the rest of Canada.Journal of Banking And Finance, (28):2237-2258.
- 2002. Stock market reaction to headquarters relocation decisions in Canada. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, (19):345-358.