Department Head & Associate Professor
I am an Associate Professor and Department Head of the Department of MIS at the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business. I received a Ph.D. degree in Computer Information Systems from Georgia State University, a DiplÃ´me d'Enseignement SupÃ©rieur SpÃ©cialisÃ© from l'Ã‰cole SupÃ©rieure des Affaires de Grenoble (France), and an M.B.A. from l'UniversitÃ© Laval in QuÃ©bec (Canada).
My earlier research focused on the organizational change induced by information technologies and information systems, such as integrated software packages and open source software. More recently, I have been interested in investigating the relationship between information systems on organizational culture and identity, and I've also researched how information systems can play a role in support of environmental sustainability (Green IS / Energy Informatics).
I have authored articles published in many journals, such as Organization Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, The Academy of Management Executive, Information Technology & People, Journal of the AIS, and many conference proceedings.
My teaching interests include the design and management of databases, R, business process management, and qualitative research.
PhD, Business / Computer Information Systems, Georgia State University, 2001
MBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1995
DESS, Management Information Systems, Ecole Superieure des Affaires (Grenoble, France), 1994
BBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1993
Areas of Expertise
- Energy Informatics
- Organizational Change
- Business Process Management
- Data Management
- 2016. A Knowledge-Centric Examination of Signaling and Screening Activities in the Negotiation for Information Systems Consulting Services .Journal Of The Association For Information Systems , 17(2).
- 2014. IT-driven identity work: Creating a group identity in a digital environment .Information And Organization, 24(1).
- 2012. An information strategy for environmental sustainability.Communications Of The Acm, 55(7).
- June 2011. Enriching our theoretical repertoire: the role of evolutionary psychology in technology acceptance . European Journal Of Information Systems.
- March 2011. Green projects: An information drives analysis of four cases. Journal Of Strategic Information Systems .
- Winter 2011.Information Asymmetry in IS Consulting: Towards a Theory of Relationships Constraints. Journal Of Management Information Systems.
- 2010. Information Systems and Environmentally Sustainable Development: Energy Informatics and New Directions for the IS Community. Mis Quarterly.
- 2008. Information Systems and Ecological Sustainability. Journal Of Systems And Information Technology.
- 2005. Enacting Integrated Information Technology: A Human Agency Perspective. Organization Science.
- 2001. Validation in IS Research: A State-of-the-Art Assessment. Mis Quarterly.
- 1999. Accounting for the Contradictory Organizational Consequences of Information Technology: Theoretical Directions and Methodological Implications.Information Systems Research.
- 1996. Coping with Contradictions in Business Process Re-engineering. Information Technology And People.