The mission of the Student Philanthropy Council (SPC) is to elevate student awareness about the importance of philanthropy at UGA, to educate students on the impact of private giving at our college, and to promote student involvement in philanthropic initiatives at the Terry College.
The Student Philanthropy Council is a group comprised of undergraduate and graduate students in the Terry College of Business who play an integral role in outreach efforts for the college's Office of Development and Alumni Relations. The goal of this group is to help build a culture of philanthropy within Terry’s student body in order to ensure that our students become engaged and loyal alumni donors.
Applications are being accepted for the 2022-2023 academic year starting Monday, Aug. 1, 2022. The application deadline is Friday, Sept. 2, 2022.
- Provide donor-centered tours of the Business Learning Community
- Deliver gifts to faculty/staff donors
- Write thank you notes
- Student/alumni networking and workshops
- Assist with Giving Day
- Participate in UGA Thank a Donor Day
SPC Member Benefits
- Make an impact on the Terry College
- Network with students and alumni, including the Young Alumni Board
- Build your résumé
- Gain an inside perspective on fundraising at Terry