Education and Career
- PhD, Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, Michigan State University, 2020
- MBA, International Business, Oakland University, 2015
- BBA, Management, Baker College, 2013
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
- Teams and Team Dynamics
- Social Hierarchy, Power, and Status
- Longitudinal Methodology
- Matusik, J.G., Mitchell, R., Hays, N.A., Fath, S., & Hollenbeck, J.R. (in press). The highs and lows of hierarchy in multiteam systems. Academy of Management Journal.
- Matusik, J.G., Ferris, D.L., & Johnson, R.E. (in press). The PCMT model of organizational support: An integrative review and reconciliation of the organizational support literature. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Matusik, J.G., Hollenbeck, J.R., & Mitchell, R. (2021). Latent change score models for the study of development and dynamics in organizational research. Organizational Research Methods, 24(4), 772-801.
- Matta, F.K., Scott, B.A., Guo, Z., Matusik, J.G. (2020). Exchanging one uncertainty for another: Justice variability negates the benefits of justice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105(1), 97-110.
- Matusik, J.G., Hollenbeck, J.R., Matta, F.K., Oh, K-J. (2019). Dynamic systems theory and dual change score models: Seeing teams through the lens of developmental psychology. Academy of Management Journal, 62(6), 1760-1788.
- Matusik, J.G., Heidl, R., Hollenbeck, J.R., Yu, A., Lee, H-W., & Howe, M. (2019). Wearable Bluetooth sensors for capturing relational variables and temporal variability in relationships: A construct validation study. Journal of Applied Psychology, 104(3), 357-387.
- Kang, J. H., Matusik, J. G., & Barclay, L. (2017). Affective and normative motives to work overtime in Asian workplaces: Four cultural orientations from Confucian ethics. Journal of Business Ethics, 140(1), 115-130.
- Kang, J. H., Matusik, J. G., Kim, T-Y., & Phillips, J. M. (2016). Interactive effects of multiple organizational climates on employee innovative behavior in entrepreneurial firms: A cross-level investigation. Journal of Business Venturing, 31(6), 628-642.