Convocation will take place on Thursday, May 12 at 10 a.m.
If you are planning to walk in the Spring Terry Graduate Convocation and have a disability or will need special assistance, please contact Jiwon Park (email@example.com).
Important note for graduates and guests: Students should use only the brick wall entrances and assemble at 9 a.m. and students walk in at 9:40 a.m. and the convocation will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The convocation will last approximately one hour.
- Executive, Full-Time, Pathway, and Professional MBA graduates please use the Carlton Street side brick wall entrance (across the Science Library)
- Ph.D., MAcc, MA Econ, MBT, MMR, and MSBA graduates please use the Smith Street side brick wall entrance (across the Athletic Academic Center)
There is no limit to the number of guests. Tickets are not required. Doors to the guest seating area will open at 9 a.m.
The new CLEAR BAG policy is in effect for Convocation. View bag specifications here.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12”x6”x12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”
- Bags that contain necessary medical items must be inspected and approved at a designated gate
- Food; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bags
- Beverages, including water, in sealed plastic bottles; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bag
- Cameras and video recorders
For the safety, security, and experience of all guests, the following items are prohibited.
- Wrapped gifts or packages wherein the contents are not visible
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Tobacco. UGA is a tobacco-free campus.
- Large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones
Face coverings (over the nose and mouth) are strongly encouraged for all students and guests entering the Coliseum. Guests are encouraged to have face coverings throughout the event.
Parking is available in several on-campus lots within convenient walking distance of Stegeman Coliseum and the Georgia Center including The South Deck, which is recommended for Terry Convocation guests. Please do not park on sidewalks, landscaped areas, or on streets so as to block lanes of traffic. Improperly parked vehicles may be towed.
Guests with limited mobility or disabilities should arrive early (to ensure a space) and park in the S12 lot. Limited, special seating is available in Stegeman Coliseum. Terry Student Ambassadors or police officers on duty outside the Coliseum will be able to direct and assist guests. Wheelchairs and walkers will not be provided.
Hotel and Visitor Information
Visitor information for Athens, GA (hotels, restaurants and activities)
Visitor information for the University of Georgia
Photographs, Videos, Programs + More
Professional photographs will be taken of each Terry College candidate as s/he shakes hands with the Dean. After the convocation, graduates may access convocation proofs and order prints from GradImages®
Video capture of the event will be available through the college’s graduation website 6-8 weeks after the event.
Convocation programs will be placed in the seats for each of the candidates, and guests will receive copies while supplies last. Each candidate will be recognized by name in the program using the official information on file with the University of Georgia Office of the Registrar.
Congratulatory flowers, Terry branded gifts, and snacks will be available for purchase inside the Coliseum.